Thursday, September 25, 2008

Don't take candy from strangers... but is coffee ok?


While waiting in line to purchase coffee and a scone, I began a conversation with a man and his wife.  We talked about coffee production and other things, as well as the fact that the couple had at one point lived quite near my home town.  They got their coffee and I placed my order.  As I was about to pay for it, the wife reappears and hands the cashier a bill, "We'll pay for it."  I was shocked, and tried to make the cashier take my money, but in the end the lady won the money battle, saying, "We're blessing you today."  

It was a little awkward, but at the same time it was a very sweet gesture.  Hmmm... as long as they don't follow me home and start keeping watch outside of my window, I'm quite touched. :)

Another note...  The coffee shop sells the Seattle's Best Coffee brand, but when I saw Starbucks mints for sale on the counter, I started to wonder.  Ends up they are owned by Starbucks...  The green mermaid is more far-reaching than we thought!

1 comment:

Max(imus) said...

Let us know if you meet them again! That was genuinely interesting.

Also, I feel bad because I've known about this blog ever since the begining and have never yet commented. I'm sorry, trying to break the "read only" habit. T.T